This year 23 nominations were received and assessed by a panel comprising Ms Maureen Bettle, Mr Alan Gould and Ms Ingrid Jonach. The panel assessed each nomination against the quality of writing and contribution of the work to the ACT's literary profile. Short-listed nominations for this year's ACT Book of the Year Award are:
- John Clanchy, Her Father's Daughter
- Nicholas Drayson, A Guide to the Birds of East Africa: A Novel
- Clive Hamilton, The Freedom Paradox. Towards a post-secular ethics
- Bruce Moore, Speaking our Language: The story of Australian English
- Peter Rees, The Other Anzacs: Nurses at War, 1914 - 1918
- Peter Stanley, Invading Australia: Japan and the Battle for Australia, 1942
You may borrow all of these titles from ACT Public Libraries.