The Food For Fines initiative finished at 1pm on December 24.
Final tallies are in:
- A total of 7,466 items (more than three tonnes of food) were donated to OzHarvest
- Over 1,000 items were donated at Dickson, Woden and Tuggeranong libraries
- Kingston Library won our staff competition with an average of 194 items per staff member
- People regularly donated items above what their fine required and many people donated without having fines
- More than 12,500 overdue items were returned during the month.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to making Food For Fines so successful.