We are very excited to be launching our new website. The new site includes information about library services, programs, events and facilities and encourages more interactive with the community.
Features of the new website include:
- a calendar of events with details of what’s happening at the libraries;
- a connect feature that links you to the library’s social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Flickr and Blogspot;
- a discover feature which provides links for information discovery;
- an improved requests feature; and
- a new Libraries ACT e-newsletter.
To complement the introduction of the new library website, the ACT Library and Information Service will be renamed as Libraries ACT.
The library service has been known by various names at different times over many years. Libraries ACT is short and simple and it’s believed it best identifies the organisation’s role in providing both public and heritage library services to the community.
Take a look at the new website: http://www.library.act.gov.au/